By now, your brain is probably crammed full with the holiday songs you’ve heard since you were five–and they’re all stuck on repeat, right?
Playing the traditional earworm cleanser, AC/DC’s “Back in Black,” wouldn’t be seasonally appropriate on this day. But maybe the following playlist will help: songs by artists based around D.C., or who at least got their start there, that either speak to the holiday or to the time of year.
- “November Day,” Alice Despard
- “Spider in the Snow,” The Dismemberment Plan
- “I’ve Got My Love To Keep Me Warm,” Last Train Home
- “Could Have Been Christmas,” Tsunami
- “Linus & Lucy,” Danny Gatton
- “Christmas Swing,” Chesapeake
- “The King Is Dead,” Last Train Home
- “Ski Trip,” Tsunami
- “The Ice Of Boston,” The Dismemberment Plan
(Links are to Amazon’s MP3 store or if unavailable there, to iTunes; if unavailable there as well–yes, that remains possible–I pointed to Amazon CD listings. You can also hear most of these on a Spotify playlist.)
Merry Christmas, hope you brought all the right cables!