Modern science provides an extraordinary number of ways to quantify one’s participation in the South By Southwest Interactive festival that wrapped up Tuesday (its sleep debt is still with me, to judge from the hour-long nap I just woke up from). Here are a few:
- Steps taken, as recorded by a Jawbone Up: 98,610 steps, adding up to 51.64 miles. This includes mileage at home Friday morning but leaves out my walk to the bus that took me to the airport Wednesday morning.
- Tweets sent while in Austin: 178, excluding retweets of other people’s thoughts but including tweets about non-SXSW news.
- Data usage on my phone from March 8 through March 13: 739 MB, 192 MB of which came from tethering my laptop to my phone.
- Food truck check-ins on Foursquare: seven
- Bar check-ins on Foursquare: 14. (Some of those stops were mainly for food. Don’t judge me!)
- SXSW sessions attended, or in one case watched from an overflow room: 11. Sadly enough, this is considered a pretty good showing in some circles. There are least as many that I seriously regret missing.
- Business cards collected: 33. Yup, still waiting to see some app make this printed product obsolete.
- Business cards handed out: not enough to exhaust my supply, fortunately.
After the jump, a Flickr slideshow from the festivities…